There are references to the Old Dial Inn at 92 Westgate Street in the 1879 Gloucester Directory and 93 Westgate Street in 1919. Upon renumbering the address was 150 Westgate Street.
The Old Dial Inn was on the western corner of Westgate Street and Swan Lane. The White Swan was on the eastern corner of Westgate Street and Swan Lane.
The Old Dial closed on 28th March 1956.
Landlords at the Old Dial Inn include:
1856 W.G. Harman
1879 F. Bailey
1885 John Bailey
1893 W.H. Bullock
1896 (December) George Alfred Virgo
1902 Benjamin Wakeman
1906 Mrs Isabella Wakeman
1907 Mrs J. Wakeman
1919 Walter Henry Bullock
1927,1939 Frederick J. Gagg