In the 1830 Pigots directory the Norfolk Arms is listed at Castle Street. There are references to the Norfolk Arms in 1870 and 1900.

The Norfolk Arms was referred for compensation on 14th December 1905. The Gloucester licenses reported: “we are decidedly of the opinion that, having regard to the character and necessities of the neighbourhood that the license (of the Norfolk Arms) is unnecessary and, that in the general interest of the public, the renewal of the license is not desirable.” Arnold Perrett & Co. Ltd of Wickwar were the owners of the Norfolk Arms.

Norfolk Street – perhaps this row of houses was the location of the Norfolk Arms.

Norfolk Street runs parallel with Spa Road between Southgate Street and Brunswick Road.


1830 Peter Bullock

1879 George Withers

Share this Page: