The Newland Inn was located about one mile to the south of Bishops Cleeve on the road to Cheltenham. The pub was demolished as part of the redevelopment of the area by Smiths Industries, a major local employer. The modern day traffic light junction is still known as Newlands cross-roads.
Map Reference: SO 955259
Owner in 1891: William Nash (free from brewery tie)
Rateable value in 1891: £15.10s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse
Owner in 1903: William Nash (free from brewery tie)
Rateable value in 1903: £15.10s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Beerhouse
Closing time in 1903:
Landlords at the Newland Inn include:
1891,1903 William Nash
1939 Edwin Drinkwater-Lunn