The New Inn is a whitewashed pub on the other side of the B4213 to the Haw Bridge Inn. In December 2000 both the Haw Bridge and the New Inn were severely affected by flooding. It was devastated in the July 2007 floods – disaster struck just four days after it had reopened following a big refurbishment.
The pub finally reopened in October 2008 under new owners and a new identity, the Riverside Inn.
The Riverside Inn is now closed, presumably permanently.
This page will be updated with additional information.
Map Reference: SO 844279
Owner in 1891: Mary Surman (free from brewery tie)
Rateable value in 1891:
Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse
Owner in 1903: Isabella Surman and Eliza Jane Ball (free from brewery tie)
Rateable value in 1903: £32.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Beerhouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Landlords at the New Inn / Riverside Inn include::
1891 Mary Surman
1903 Charles Ball
1939 Joseph Ball
1998,2000 Peter Wise
2008 Vince Brown and Krista Saunders (Riverside Inn) (owned Adam Russell, Oxfordshire)