The New Inn was located on the west side of the road at the bottom of Kingshill Lane (known to locals as Gasworks Pitch), close to where the road bends right into Church Road and next to the junction of Everlands. The New Inn was also known, unofficially, as the Ramping Cat. The building is now a private house.
A nearby railway bridge carrying the Dursley branch line over the road had a clearance of just 10 feet 3 inches and was prone to flooding. The bridge, long since demolished, was known to locals as the Quag bridge.
Map Reference: ST 755993
Owner in 1891: Arnold Perrett & Co. Ltd., Wickwar Brewery
Rateable value in 1891: £20.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse
Owner in 1903: Arnold Perrett & Co. Ltd., Wickwar Brewery
Rateable value in 1903: £20.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Beerhouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
1890 (April) A petition in bankruptcy has been filed by William Walter Shipton of the New Inn, Cam, publican.
1891 George William Ball
1903 Edward Smith