At the village end of Church Lane (Croft Lane) stands a 19th century cottage, which from 1856 or earlier housed the New Inn. It closed in 1967. The house is called New Inn Cottage.
Owner in 1891: E. William Cripps, Cirencester Brewery
Rateable Value in 1891: £10.16s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: F.W.B. Cripps, Esq., Cirencester Brewery
Rateable Value in 1903: £9.12s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Landlords at the New Inn include:
1856 W. Smith
1885,1891 William Townsend
1902 Mrs Anne Holder
1903 Ann Holder
1906,1919 George Ruck
1927 Thomas Woods
1939 Abel Ponting