Columbia Street in the Clapham district of Gloucester (Kingsholm) ran from Alvin Street in the south to Sweetbriar Street in the north.
The New Inn was in the south of Columbia Street, just fifty yards away from the Stags Head in Alvin Street.
There are references to the New Inn in the Gloucester Journal in 1865 and 1930.
1879 T. Reed
1906 Mrs E. Wathan