Louis Dangerfield, the landlord of the New Inn in the inter-war years, was also the village baker – a bakery was beside the pub. Dangerfield’s Kings Stanley Bakery is still in operation to this day. The New Inn closed in the early 1960’s. The building is now residential and called the Old New Inn.

Map Reference: SO 812037

Licensing Details:

Rateable Value in 1891: £12.0s.0d.

Owner in 1891: Stroud Brewery

Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse

Rateable Value in 1903: £12.10s.0d.

Owner in 1903: Stroud Brewery

Type of licence in 1903: Beerhouse

Closing time in 1903: 10pm

Landlords at the New Inn include:

1891 John Ford

1903 Joseph H. Abraham

1923, 1939 Louis F. Dangerfield

Share this Page: