The licensee at the beginning of the twentieth century was Herbert Henry Smith who supplemented his income by teaching music. Henry later moved to the Britannia Inn.
The building that housed the New Inn was demolished in 1967 to facilitate road widening.
Map Reference: ST 847997
Owner in 1891: Nailsworth Brewery
Rateable value in 1891: £14.10s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: Nailsworth Brewery
Rateable value in 1903: £14.10s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Full licence
Closing time in 1903: 11pm
Landlords at the New Inn include:
1856 W. Hyett
1885,1891 John Essex
1901,1906 Herbert Henry Smith (moved to the Britannia)