The New Inn was on the junction with Chedworth Road and Dark Lane. The New Inn does not feature in the 1903 petty sessional divisional records.
In the book ‘Withington – a Cotswold village history’(Woman’s Institute,2001) there is the following reminiscences of a Mr G. Keen who remembers how a ‘railway engine, pulled by twenty horses, was taken along the road to the Woodbridge cutting and they nearly took the corner off the New Inn, the marks left by the wheels on the road were there for many years’.
The New Inn was demolished in 1926.
Owner in 1891: Ecclesiastical Com. for England and Wales (free from brewery tie)
Rateable value in 1891: £104.10s.0d. (included 283 and three quarters of land)
Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse
1891 John Smith