.Frank Howell was a long serving landlord at the Nelson from at least 1885 to 1906. He was possibly there longer. In 1950 the premises was occupied by the Stroud Repair Company and later became the Heart Foundation shop.
Owner in 1891: Holmes, Harper & Co.
Rateable value in 1891: £15.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: Nailsworth Brewery
Rateable value in 1903: £15.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Closing time in 1903: 11pm
1885,1906 Frank Howell