The Nags Head was a plain stone-built pub that was next door to the old Lechlade Doctors Surgery. Photographs show that it sold Bowlys Entire (without an ‘e’ in Bowly). The pub name and brewery sign was of wooden construction. When these were removed on de-licensing there would have been no evidence of it ever being a pub.
Owner in 1891: R.B. Bowley, North Wilts Brewery, Swindon
Rateable Value in 1891: £10.10s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse
Owner in 1903: R.B. Bowley, North Wilts Brewery, Swindon
Rateable Value in 1903: £10.10s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Beerhouse
Closing time in 1903: 11pm
Landlords at the Nags Head include:
1891 Raymond Hayden
1903 Elizabeth Hayden
1913 Mr John Thompson
1939 Ernest Telling