The Nags Head is listed in the parish of Kings Stanley in the 1891 and 1903 licensing books. It was situated opposite the Bell Inn and the village school in School Square. In 1928 the Nags Head was a leasehold property of the Stroud Brewery Company. The property is now residential.
Rateable Value in 1891: £10.0s.0d
Owner in 1891: Edward Burgh, Cainscross (free from brewery tie)
Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse
Rateable Value in 1903: £15.0s.0d.
Owner in 1903: Eliza Burgh (leased to the Stroud Brewery Company)
Type of licence in 1903: Beerhouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Landlords at the Nags Head include:
1856 J. Dangerfield
1891 Thomas Harrison
1903 George Knight