In 1891 the petty sesssional divisional records states that the beerhouse had ‘no sign’ and the name is ommited.. No other details at present and location unknown. There are, however, Middleyard Cottages in the hamlet, which might have once been the Middleyard Inn. (GL10 3QF) The Middleyard Inn was still trading in the mid 1960’s.

Map Reference: SO 821033 (approx)

Licensing Details:

Rateable Value in 1891: £12.0s.0d

Owner in 1891: Mrs R. Pegler – resident of Dursley (free from brewery tie)

Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse

Rateable Value in 1903: £15.0s.0d

Owner in 1903: Representatives of Mrs Pegler (leased to Godsell & Sons, Salmon Springs Brewery)

Type of licence in 1903: Beerhouse

Closing time in 1903: 10pm


1891 Walter Weeks Lusty (In 1901 G.Lusty is listed as a Grocer in Broad Street, Middleyard)

1903 James Davis

Share this Page: