The Merryfellow Inn is on the corner with School Lane and Church Road.
The Merryfellow had a long association with the Stroud Brewery being one of the few pubs in the area to be tied to the brewery in 1891. Until the Summer of 2004 the Merryfellow boasted two original Stroud Brewery Company etched windows. Unfortunately, these superb windows were needlessly smashed by vandals and have been replaced by ordinary clear glass.
This page will be updated.
Owner in 1891: Watts & Co, Stroud Brewery
Rateable value in 1891: £15.5s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse
Owner in 1903: Stroud Brewery
Rateable value in 1903: £17.10s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Beerhouse
Closing time in 1903: 11pm
Landlords at the Merryfellow Inn include:
1891 Thomas Edwin Attwood
1903 Richard Frank Smith
1926 Mrs Elizabeth White
1939 Thomas H. Dyer
2003 James Dockree
2009 Lynne Kane (manager)