The Stroud licences stated on March 5th 1926 that there were “five pubs within a distance of 177 yards. The Masons Arms was a bona fide working class house which was doing a considerable trade.”
It was recommended for closure.
Owner in 1891: Samuel Davis and his wife (free from brewery tie)
Rateable value in 1891: £17.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse
Owner in 1903: Godsell & Sons, Salmon Springs Brewery, Stroud
Rateable value in 1903: £18.10s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Beerhouse
Closing time in 1903: 11pm
Landlords at the Masons Arms include:
1891 Samuel Davis
1901 J. Haywood
1903 Jesse Harold Isaacke