The Marlborough Arms stood on the corner of Princes Street and Duke Street. It is now a private house with little to indicate that it was once a pub. The old corner door has been bricked up and re-rendered.
Charles Grimes was the owner of the Marlborough Arms in 1891. He leased the pub to the Cheltenham Original Brewery. The premise licence was for a beer house and the property had an annual rateable value of £15.5s.0d. In the 1903 licensing returns G. Williams is listed as the owner with the lease still taken by the town brewery. The annual rateable value had increased by one pound and fifteen shillings to £17.0s.0d.
Landlords at the Marlborough Arms include:
1870 Elijah Sallis
1878, 1903 John Haines
1926, 1939 Edward William Kearsey