The Lower George, in sight and smell of the Stroud Brewery, was owned by rival brewers – E. Playne & Co (of Minchinhampton) in 1891 and Godsell & Sons in 1903.
The site of the Lower George is now a road junction / roundabout on the A46.
Owner in 1891: E. Playne, Forwood Brewery, Minchinhampton
Rateable value in 1891: £13.10s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse
Owner in 1903: Godsell & Sons, Salmon Springs Brewery, Stroud
Rateable value in 1903: £13.10s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Beerhouse
Closing time in 1903: 11pm
Landlords at the Lower George include:
1891 Jane Davis
1903 Thomas Shean