The Lower Crown Inn was demolished in the late 1960’s, and houses were built on the site. The pub was next to the village hall.
Owner in 1891: Stroud Brewery
Rateable value in 1891: £12.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: Stroud Brewery
Rateable value in 1903: £8.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Landlords at the Lower Crown include:
1856 Mrs E. Woodcock
1885 George Baglin
1891 William Baglin
1902,1927 Charles Lusty (Charles T. Lusty in 1903)
1939 Wilfred Thomas Hollister