Rudford is a hamlet situated on the road from Gloucester to Newent. Approximate map reference SO 777214. It is about four miles to the north-east of Gloucester city centre. Postal codes GL2 8DU and GL2 8DS. It is possible that the Lord Nelson and the Mount Pleasant were simple beerhouses on or near the Gloucester & Hereford canal, which once passed through the hamlet.
The Lord Nelson and Mount Pleasant Inns are both recorded in 1856, but there are no other details on either pub.
1856 J. Pumfrey (Lord Nelson Inn)
1856 G. Phelps (Mount Pleasant Inn)