The London Inn was built c.1834. It was producing its ‘home brewed ales’ probably until Flowers & Sons of Stratford acquired the pub. William Melvin (1856) and George Chandler (1883) are both recorded as brewers. The London Inn was extended in 1982. The Old Ashley Court Room can be used for large or small functions for any occasion. The London Inn is attractive in the summer when hanging baskets and displays of bedding plants grace the exterior of the pub.
Owner in 1891: John Rodway (free from brewery tie)
Rateable value in 1891: £35.10s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: Flowers & Sons, Brewers, Stratford on Avon
Rateable value in 1903: £38.10s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Closing time in 1903: 11pm
Landlords at the London Inn include:
1834 Sampson Marshall
1856 William Melvin – listed as a brewer
1883 George Chandler – listed as a brewer
1885,1891 John Dyer
1902,1903 James Henry Dyer
1919,1939 Wilfred George Cove
1950’s / 1960’s Charles and Esme Cove (when Charles died Esme took over the licence)
1999, 2008 Tina Hoban