Numbered 184 High Street and latterly 325 the London Ale & Porter Stores was on the western corner of the St. Pauls Street South junction (North side of the High Street). In recent years it has been G.T.V. radio and television spares shop. There is no evidence to suggest that it was ever a licensed property.
Mrs Wheeler was the owner of the London Ale & Porter Stores in 1891 and 1903. Licensed as a beer house the property had an annual rateable value of £21.5s.0d. in 1891, increasing by one pound and ten shillings to £22.15s.0d. in 1903. Mrs Wheeler leased the London Ale & Porter Stores to the Cheltenham Original Brewery.
Landlords at the London Ale & Porter Stores include:
1870,1878 Thomas Dollery
1883 Mrs Mary Stanbridge
1891 Thomas George Barker
1896 G.P. Tapp
1903 William Armstrong
1906 Mrs F.G. Oliver
1926 Elizabeth Miller – beer retailer
1939 Thomas Griffiths