17 Archdeacon Street in 1936 reference. The pub was demolished when the whole area was redeveloped. The Leather Bottle Inn was a brick built pub near the Cathedral. It was once a tied house of Smith & Sons, Brimscombe Brewery, Stroud.
A photograph of the pub in 1947 during the terrible floods of that year shows water lapping the front door. Ray Pugh continued to sell beer to his loyal customers who had to get to the Leather Bottle in boats.
Landlords at the Leather Bottle Inn include:
1830 Elizabeth Maysey (Leather Bottle, Leather Bottle Lane)
1856 J. Dadd
1879 Mrs Dadd
1885 Mrs Mary Ann Dadd
1902 William Wright
1906 Joseph Madelin
1919 Mrs Alice Tandy
1927 Mrs Edith Ibbotson
1936 Albert V. Ibbotson
1939 Albert Ibbotson
1944,1957 Raymond C. Pugh (moved to the New Inn in London Road and then the Kings Head in Birdwood. He died in October 1979 aged 65)