Facing the junction with the road coming up from Lower Wick and Middle Wick, there is a detached old house with the name “The Old Kings Head”.
Map Reference: ST 733966
Owner in 1891: Arnold Perrett & Co. Ltd, Wickwar Brewery
Rateable value in 1891: £13.10s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse
Owner in 1903: Arnold Perrett & Co. Ltd, Wickwar Brewery
Rateable Value in 1903: £13.10s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Beerhouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Landlords at the Kings Head include:
1891,1903 Thomas Smith
1939 William Ivor Gough