The Kings Head was located at the junction of Market Street and Bath Road. It was demolished in the late 1950’s / early 1960’s as part as a road improvement scheme.
Map Reference: ST848997
Owner in 1891: Stroud Brewery
Rateable value in 1891: £17.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: Stroud Brewery
Rateable value in 1903: £17.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Full licence
Closing time in 1903: 11pm
Landlords at the Kings Head include:
1891 Frederick Cole
1902,1906 Albert R.H. Culley
1919 Thomas Phillips
1927 Samuel Hulme
1939 F.R. Brown