The Kings Head was situated to the north of Nailsworth on the present day A46 road to Stroud. The Kings Head was located in the same row of terraces as the Nags Head. In 1891 the pub is listed under the parish of Avening. Closing time was 10 p.m. It is interesting to note that the nearby Crown Inn closed at 11 p.m. There must have been an exodus from the Kings Head and Nags Head to the Crown Inn when ‘last orders’ were called. The Kings Head is now a private residence
Map Reference: SO 843007
Owner in 1891: Stroud Brewery
Rateable value in 1891: £12.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse
Owner in 1903: Stroud Brewery
Rateable value in 1903: £12.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Beer and Cider
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Landlords at the Kings Head include:
1885 Charles Hillier
1891 Charles Haines
1903 Samuel W. Nash