Originally called the Kings Arms, then the New Inn, and since 1965 it has been called the Buthay. The Buthay is now the only pub in the village. However, at the time of writing in May 2022 it appears to be closed. Hopefully only temporarily.

This page will be updated with additional information.

Map Reference: ST 725877

Licensing Details:

Owner in 1891: Arnold Perrett & Co. Ltd., Wickwar Brewery

Rateable Value in 1891: £19.10s.0d.

Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse

Owner in 1903: Arnold Perrett & Co. Ltd., Wickwar Brewery

Rateable Value in 1903: £19.10s.0d.

Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse

Closing time in 1903: 10pm

Landlords include:

1856 R.N. Shipp

1885,1900 Miss Sarah Washbourne

1891 Sarah Norris

1902,1906 Zebina Durkee

1919,1939 Henry Fred Kew

1967 Jack and Mavis Jones (from White Horse Inn)

2001 Reg Quinlan

2006 Andy and Ally ?

Share this Page: