The Kings Arms was near the intersection of Bradley Street and Ellerncroft Road (at Bradley Street in 1927 and earlier).
The Kings Arms closed in 1971 and the last landlord, Dougie Bowden, moved to run the Royal Oak in Cromhall. The building is now a private residence.
There was no bar in the Kings Arms and all drinks were sold through a serving hatch.
Drinkers in the garden were often not aware of the fishpond that claimed many a dampened victim.
Owner in 1891: Charles Richard Luce, Malmesbury Brewery
Rateable Value in 1891: £10.10s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: Charles Richard Luce, Malmesbury Brewery
Rateable Value in 1903: £12.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Closing time in 1903: 11pm
Present Status: Private house
1820.1823 Isaac James
1830 Samuel White
1842 William Harris
1849,1856 R. Harris
1863,1867 Robert Harris
1875,1891,1899,1903 John May (aged 48 in 1875)
1903,1906,1927,1933,1939 Alfred May (A. May in 1933 in 1939)
- Dougie Bowden (the last landlord – moved to the Royal Oak in Cromhall)