The 1859 directory refers to King William IV. 3 Upper Bath Road in 1919 Kellys directory. 140 Bath Road in 1939 Kellys. The King William closed after the death of the landlady, Elizabeth Williams, in 1943. The building, on the southern corner of Kew Place, is now occupied by Perry Bishop estate agents.
The Bristol based brewer Charles Garton & Co. were the owners of the King William Vaults in 1891. The brewery was in Easton Road, Lawrence Hill. Charles Garton & Co were acquired by the Anglo-Bavarian Brewery of Shepton Mallet in 1898 and the ownership of the King William Vaults had transferred to them in 1903. The licence of the King William was designated ale house status, and the pub had an unchanging annual rateable value of £42.10s.0d. from 1891 through to 1903.
Landlords at the King William Vaults include:
1856,1859 William Witts
1870 – Kitchener
1883 J.T. Weeks
1885,1891 Thomas Coole
1898,1927 Frederick James Pearce
1927 Charles Mackay
1939 Samuel F. and Elizabeth Williams
1942 Elizabeth Williams (she died in October 1943 aged 72)