Cold Aston is sometimes known as Aston Blank.
An inn had opened at the south-east end of the village on the road to the Foss way by 1842. Called the Keeper’s Arms in 1856, it closed in 1959.
Owner in 1891: Tayler & Co., Cotswold Brewery, Northleach
Rateable value in 1891: £12.16s.0d.
Owner in 1903: Tayler & Co., Cotswold Brewery, Northleach
Rateable value in 1903: £10.10s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891 and 1903: Alehouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Landlords at the Keepers Arms include:
1856 J. Avery
1885,1891 George Owen
192,1903 Mrs Elizabeth Owen
1906 Harry Jeffrey
1919,1927 William Hemmings
1939 Mrs Emily Hemming