The Keepers Arms was originally a gamekeepers cottage, hence the name. The Cirencester Brewery already owned the Keepers Arms ‘and a cottage adjoining’ when the brewery became a Limited Company in 1888.
The Keepers Arms briefly became the ‘Liszt & Newt’ in 1997, and had a starring role on primetime television in Noel Edmunds’ ‘House Party’. The Liszt & Newt was the village pub in Crinkley Bottom!
This page will be updated with additional information.
Map Reference: SP 146041
Owner in 1891: Cirencester Brewery
Rateable Value in 1891: £8.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse
Owner in 1903: Cirencester Brewery
Rateable Value in 1903: £8.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903:
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Landlords at the Keepers Arms include:
1851 John Hollister (aged 55. Beershop and carrier. No name given of premises)
1861 Mary Hollister (aged 45, listed as beer seller. No name of establishment)
1871 Thomas Hollister (aged 50. No name given but presumably Keepers Arms)
1881 George Gibson (aged 56)
1891,1901 Mary Gibson. (Mary Gibson , aged 64 in 1891, widowed)
1903 Charles Harris. Beerhouse. Cirencester Brewery
1913,1939 Charles Harris
- Jack and Linda Harris
1964-1974 Sydney and Mary Bayliss
2000 Tom and Jean Porter