Rutland Street is now part of Brunswick Street (South). It was once a maze of high-density housing which became a notoriously crowded slum area. It was partly demolished in the 1934 slum clearance programme. Rutland Street seems to have been named after a property called Rutland Lodge (1806 reference), which was situated near the north end of St Georges Street.
1844 James Morgan