The owners of the High Street Wine Vaults according to the 1891 petty licensing records were Stone, King & King. The license was for an alehouse restricted to opening six days a week, thus presumably closed on Sundays. The annual rateable value of the property in 1891 was a substantial £76.10s.0d. The High Street Wine Vaults then traded free of brewery tie. Twelve years later in 1903 the pub was owned by R.W. Miller & Co. Ltd, brewers of Stokes Croft in Bristol. R.W.Miller also owned the Albion Inn in Albion Street, the Kings Arms in Gloucester Road and the Unicorn Inn in Wellington Passage. Upon their acquisition, however, the annual rateable value of the High Street Wine Vaults inexplicably decreased by thirteen pounds or so to £63.15s.0d. The Bristol Brewery of Georges & Co. took over R.W. Miller in 1911 with 48 public houses, presumably all their Cheltenham pubs were included in the sale.
Landlords / Keepers at the High Street Wine Vaults include:
1891 Charles Frederick Mills
1903 George Albert Hawkins