The Hare & Hounds is an old stone built building which has been licensed since at least 1772. The Cirencester Brewery purchased the Hare & Hounds ‘with land’ on 17th November 1927.
The Hare & Hounds is now trading as The Stump
This page will be updated with additional information. Please visit their website.
Map Reference: SP 068095
Owner in 1891: William Cook (leased Cirencester Brewery)
Rateable value in 1891: £13.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: Mrs M.A. Cook (leased Cirencester Brewery)
Rateable value in 1903: £16.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Owner in 1927: Cirencester Brewery
Landlords at the Hare & Hounds include:
1856 J. Wain
1885 John Lawrence
1891 Robert Lawrence
1902, 1913 Edmund Miles
1919,1827 John B. Burge
1939 F. Fisher
1998 (Oct) Leo and Sonya Brooke-Little