The 17th Century Half Way House was owned by Corpus Christi College of Oxford until it was purchased by the Donnington Brewery in 1975. The inn had previously been rented by the Donnington Brewery.
This page will be updated with additional information.
Map Reference: SP097266
Owner in 1891: Thomas Hamblett (free from brewery tie)
Rateable value in 1891: £12.15s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: Corpus Christi College (free from brewery tie)
Rateable value in 1903: £16.5s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Landlords at the Halfway House include:
1851 Samuel Hamblett
1879,1891 Thomas Hamblett
1900,1906 Henry Hopkins
1910,1927 William Searle (and daughter Mabel)
1939 Edward Wood
1950’s (late) Edward and Vera Temple
1960’s Arthur and Vera Miles
1969-1973 Peter and Crystal Leighton
1974 Ken and June Lawson
1976 (Jan 28th) – July 4th 1979. Bernard and Yvonne Sylvester
1979-1994 Derek and Jean Marshall
1994 – Dec 4th 2000 Paul Hamer
Dec 2000-May 2002 Craig Nicholas Brown and Julie England (to Plough Inn, Ford)