The Cirencester Brewery already owned the Greyhound Inn when the brewery became a Limited Company in 1888. It was acquired from Courages in 1984 by Wadworth of Devizes, Wiltshire. The 17th century stone built pub has two bars and is within easy walking distance of Cirencester.
The Thames and Severn Canal was nearby, going under Ashton Road with a slightly hump-backed bridge. On the south side of the pub the road dropped into a cutting where the Midland & South Western Junction Railway passed overhead.
This page will be updated with additional information.
Map Reference: SU 034995
Owner in 1891: Cirencester Brewery
Rateable Value in 1891: £18.5s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: Cirencester Brewery
Rateable Value in 1903: £18.10s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Phone: 01285 653573
1830 John Sutton
1856 J. Cripps
1885 Robert Wheeler
1891,1903,1906,1913 Solomon Tilling
1919 Thomas G. Teall
1927 Anthony E. Matheson
1939 Frederick Percy Winmill
1989 Bob and Elaine Flaxman
1999 Mike and Loiuse Grattan