The Good Intent was a simple cottage style beerhouse near Trinity Church. It was referred to the Compensation Authority in 1917 and eventually closed on 3rd March 1922. The pub is listed in the 1891 licensing book without having a name.
The buildings of the Good Intent were demolished many years ago, but the remnants of some stone buildings can still be seen in the field opposite the side of the Crown Inn.
Map Reference: SU 076961
Owner in 1891: Frederick W. Coole (leased Smith & Sons, Brimscombe Brewery)
Rateable Value in 1891: £10.15s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse
Owner in 1903: Frederick W. Coole (leased Smith & Sons, Brimscombe Brewery)
Rateable Value in 1903: £7.10s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Beerhouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Landlords at the Good Intent include:
1891,1903 John Hows