In Victorian times the pub was also known as the Three Tuns and Bluebell Inn.
Sir Francis Goldsmid resided in Rendcombe Park and his son, Sir Julian Goldsmid, was the prospective parliamentary candidate for Cirencester in 1865.
The Goldsmids Arms is marked on Beecham’s town map of 1885, in a building that became a garage which was demolished when the first bypass was built in 1974.
The property became a private residence called The Glen which was situated by the Siddington Road garage and a fish and chip shop
The site was occupied in part by Cotswold Fasteners 6-8 Siddington Road GL7 1NN.
Owner in 1891: George Durnell (free from brewery tie)
Rateable Value in 1891: £16.0s.0d.
Type of license in 1891: Beerhouse,
1871 John Gray (Goldsmidt Arms, Ashton Road)
1891 George Durnell