The Golden Gallon was in the northern end of the High Street near the Foresters Arms. There is no reference to the Golden Gallon in the 1903 petty sessional divisional records. It closed c.1897.  It is now a private residence immediately south of Hassan’s Balti restaurant.

Licensing Details:

Owner in 1891: John Mace Phillips (leased Lardner & Sons, Brewers, Little Compton, Warks.)

Rateable value in 1891: £14.0s.0d.

Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse


1851,1858 Thomas Butler

1891 George Groves

Share this Page: