The Golden Fleece was situated just above the Prince Albert Inn on the road to Rodborough Common. (it is on the right just after Inglenook Cottage and opposite a cottage called Gilmar). It is an 18th Century Grade II listed Cotswold stone house.
The owner in 1891 was James Tynte Agg-Gardner, presumably of the Cheltenham Original Brewery. Twelve years later the ownership had transferred to the Nailsworth Brewery. This was short lived as Cheltenham Ales were again available at the Golden Fleece after the Nailsworth Brewery was amalgamated in 1908.
Owner in 1891: James Tynte Agg-Gardner, Cheltenham Original Brewery
Rateable value in 1891: £12.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: Nailsworth Brewery
Rateable value in 1903: £12.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Closing time in 1903:
Landlords at the Golden Fleece include:
1885 George Bates
1891 George Pritchard. Alehouse
1902 John Oates
1903,1906 Michael John Grist