The Golden Cross Inn was an imposing Cotswold stone building on the junction of Bath Road and Dudbridge Hill. Being in the parish of Rodborough it closed an hour earlier than Stroud town centre pubs. It was acquired by Gloucestershire County Council c1966 and demolished for road improvements. The busy traffic junction of today is still referred to as the Golden Cross.
Owner in 1891: Godsell & Sons, Salmon Springs Brewery, Stroud
Rateable value in 1891: £12.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse
Owner in 1903: Godsell & Sons, Salmon Springs Brewery, Stroud
Rateable value in 1903: £12.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Beerhouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
1830 Arthur Dickinson (Golden Cross, Cainscross)
1856 J. Hayward (Golden Cross, Cainscross)
1891 Charles Matthews Whale
1903 James Maile.
1911-1933 Mr and Mrs Taylor
1939 Mrs Mary Ellen Bateman