The George Inn once sold beers from the Nailsworth Brewery. From 1908 the beers were supplied from the Cheltenham Original Brewery after the amalgamation of the Nailsworth Brewery. The George Inn closed in 1969 and was then converted into the village stores / post office. The shop is opposite the junction with George Street.

Map Reference:  SO 905060

Licensing Details:

Rateable Value 1891:  £8.0s.0d.

Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse

Owner in 1891: Holmes, Harper & Co.

Rateable Value 1903:  £8.0s.0d. (This is a low rateable value, yet the licence was an alehouse)

Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse

Owner in 1903: Nailsworth Brewery

Landlords at the George Inn include:

1856 W. Daniels

1885 Henry Pegler

1891 Henry Richard Pegler

1902 George Bennett

1903 George Henry Bennett

1906 Samuel Holland

1919,1927 Oliver Henry Cooke

1939 John Rt. Warner

Share this Page: