The Fox & Hounds is situated on the Badminton estate and is in Beaufort Hunt fox hunting country. In the past the Beaufort Hunt have met at the Fox & Hounds.
The Fox and Hounds was once owned by the Cross Hayes Brewery in Silver Street Malmesbury (trading as Duck & Co) until the family business was acquired by the Stroud Brewery Company in 1920.
This page will be updated with additional information.
Map reference: ST 808807
Owner in 1891: Esau Duck & Thomas Reed, Cross Hayes Brewery, Malmesbury, Wiltshire
Rateable value in 1891: £21.10s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: Esau Duck & Thomas Reed, Cross Hayes Brewery, Malmesbury, Wiltshire
Rateable value in 1903: £26.2s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Owner in 2005: Punch Taverns
Landlords at the Fox & Hounds include:
1856 Mrs M. Wooley
1885,1891 George Pullin
1902,1919 Thomas Reed (*in 1903 William Bushell is named as manager)
1903*,1927 William J. Bushell
1939 James Alexander Comely
2000 Pat and Mad Chico