Claypits is a tiny hamlet above Thrupp in the Chalford valley near Lypiatt. Claypits Lane runs from Thrupp up the valley towards Nether Lypiatt Manor. Closing time at the pub was at 10 pm… or at least it should have done as Anthony Sims was fined five shillings with nine shillings costs for keeping open during prohibited hours in 1885. The Foresters Arms closed for good in the 1960’s and is now a private house.
Map Reference: SO 867040
Owner in 1891: Alfred J. Stanton (leased Stroud Brewery)
Rateable value in 1891: £9.10s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: Alfred J. Stanton (leased Stroud Brewery)
Rateable value in 1903: £9.10s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Landlords at the Foresters Arms include:
1891 Anthony Sims
1903 George Grimes
? Charles Peyton
1939 William G. Pearce
? Albert Pearce
1962 Albert Pimm