The Foresters Arms was midway between Quay Street and Red Lane on the western side of Tewkesbury High Street. The Foresters Arms had a comparatively short history coming into existence sometime between 1870 and 1880 and being recommended for closure with compensation in 1917, as it was not ‘required to meet the needs of the community.’
Map Reference: SO 892330
Owner in 1891: Tewkesbury Brewery
Rateable value in 1891: £12.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse
Owner in 1903: Arnold Perrett & Co. Ltd., Wickwar Brewery
Rateable value in 1903: £16.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Beerhouse (Beer and Cider licence)
Closing time in 1903: 11pm
Landlords at the Foresters Arms include:
1888 Samuel Cox
1888 Elizabeth Eleanor Cox (widow)
1891 Elizabeth Eleanor Day
1897,1908 John Hall
1908-1914 William Hampton
1917 Alfred Curtis