The Foresters Arms was once tied to the Brimscombe Brewery but it might have once brewed its own beer as there is a reference to a brewery in Chapel Street (source unrecorded). The pub has been converted to a private house and the building stands at right angles to Chapel Street. The facade is of brick and the side of the building (facing Chapel Street) is built in Cotswold stone. The front central door has been replaced by a window.
There was an application in 1998 to convert the house into a restaurant but this was refused because the property was close to a sharp bend which constituted a hazard. It was put on the market in 1999 for £199,000.
Map Reference: SO 752002
Owner in 1891: Smith & Sons, Brimscombe Brewery
Rateable value in 1891: £14.10s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse
Owner in 1903: Smith & Sons, Brimscombe Brewery
Rateable value in 1903: £14.10s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Beerhouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Landlords at the Foresters Arms include:
1891,1903 William John Bennett
1939 Mrs Anne Joyce Bennett