Slaters Directory lists a brewery in Coxwell Street in 1868 which was owned by Joshua Smith. It is possible that there was once a brewhouse at the Flying Dutchman. If the pub did produce its own beer brewing on the premises had probably ceased by 1891 when it was tied to the local Cirencester Brewery.
The Flying Dutchman was possibly named after the winner of the 1849 Derby.
The pub was on the southern side of Coxwell Street close to the Baptist Church. It closed on 3rd March 1922. The Flying Dutchman was at the present day 25 Coxwell Street.
Owner in 1891: E. William Cripps (Cirencester Brewery)
Rateable Value in 1891:
Type of license in 1891: Beerhouse
Landlords at the Flying Dutchman include:
1869 Hercules Johnston
1870 William Kettle
1871 Henry Harris
1891 Elizabeth Maxwell. Beerhouse. Cirencester Brewery (owner E. William Cripps)
1901,1913 James Bishop
1922 Mr and Mrs Sackley