The 1885 Kelly’s Directory lists the pub (probably mistakenly) as the Carriers Arms. The building can be traced back to at least 1733 when it was a cottage, garden and smithy. It had became licensed by 1830. The Farriers Arms was purchased by the Little Compton Brewery (Lardner’s) on 28th December 1878 for £700. Todenham is probably the most north-easterly settlement in Gloucestershire.
It is believed that the Farriers Arms has now permanently closed.
This page will be updated with additional information.
Map Reference: SP 244363
Owner in 1891: Lardner & Sons, Compton Steam Brewery, Little Compton, Warks
Rateable value in 1891: £14.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: Flowers & Sons, Stratford on Avon
Rateable value in 1903: £12.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Landlords at the Farriers Arms include:
1856 William Lampitt (died 16.7.1840)
1840 Charles Slatter (owner Charles Lampitt)
1885 William Hunt
1891 Lewis Betteridge
1902,1906 James Edwin Evans
1919,1939 Florence E. Evans
1970 William Owen
1978 Sylvia Rickards (owner)