The Farriers Arms is mentioned in the 1856 Kellys Gloucestershire Directory. Samuel Essex is named as the inn keeper who also traded as a boot and shoe maker. In the 1891 licensing book the premises is recorded as the Horse and Farrier. There is no mention of the Farriers Arms in the 1903 licensing book detailing pubs in Gloucestershire. The Farriers Arms is known to have been in the east of the parish.
Owner in 1891: Stroud Brewery
Rateable value in 1891: £11.5s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
1856 Samuel Essex (also traded as boot and shoe maker)
1885 Roland Fowles
1891 Roland Fowles. (Horse & Farrier)