The 300 year old Grade II listed Falcon Inn is located on a bend on the A417 and is a dominant landmark when approaching Poulton from the east. The Cirencester Brewery already owned the Falcon Inn when the brewery became a Limited Company in 1888.
In the 1990’s the Falcon Inn organised an annual conker competition of which the proceeds were donated to charities.
The Falcon Inn closed in the winter of 2008 and was empty for six months until John and Maggie Armstrong reopened the pub on June 13th 2009.
This page will be updated with additional information.
Map Reference: SP 102009
Owner in 1891: Cirencester Brewery
Rateable Value in 1891: £15.5s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: Cirencester Brewery
Rateable Value in 1903: £15.5s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Landlords at the Falcon Inn include:
1856 W. Poole
1885,1891 Thomas Niblett
1902,1903,1906 George Ockwell
1913,1927 John Tanner
1939 Margaret Tanner
1997 John Gardiner
Dec 1998, 2000 Viv and Catrina Joyce
2002 (Oct), 2004 Robin Couling and Jeremy Lockley
2007 Steve and Lindsay Jenner
2008 (June) John and Maggie Armstrong (from Puesdown Inn, Compton Abdale)